Friday, October 31, 2008

Mee!

How does one pronounce "meme"? Is it "me-me" or is it, "meem"? Anyone? Please? =? For the sake of my sanity?


Probably the least random thing I can come up with about myself is that I've been a hopeless literary addict from before I was in school. At age 12, I read Lord of the Rings for the first time, and I can't remember how many times since. Once when on a 5 day trip, to most people's absolute amazement, I read both LOTR and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. And I didn't even read one day. 1,000+ page novels aren't the only thing I read, however, nothing is safe. If there is no hope of reading anything else, even school books will suffice. I've read nearly half the Bible (Leviticus was really boring), a bunch of Shakespeare, and then at the other end of the spectrum, I've read a couple of Star Wars books. Poems go over good, too. Horatius at the Bridge (HOOWWW come every time I type "bridge" I write it "Bridget?" I keep popping up everywhere =P), The Highway Man, The Song of Hiawatha (all 253 pages of it), all help to appease my desire for literature. Of course, such a deep set addiction is hard to keep from the people around me. Currently, there are 4 or 5 books hidden under my bed, and one Mordor under the clothes hamper in the bathroom. I also find an outlet for my addiction in writing on my score or so of stories (none of which have ever been finished) and a somewhat constant stream of poems.

Since both blog meme's I've ever seen have mentioned the Civil War, I'll go along halfway and voice my history loves. One word. Hannibal. No matter how many times history books say that the fall of Carthage was a necessary step for Christianity, I still love Hannibal. *sighs* He only lost ONE battle of the 2nd Punic War, but he still lost it. Lemme at those mercenaries!!! DOWN WITH ROME!!!!
*ahem* Along with Hannibal, I like (but not nearly as much as him), pretty much all ancient history: Egypt, Greece, Alexander the Great, and (shockingly), I even like Rome a little. (Octavian is cool) I have always liked medieval history, also, (I loathe William the Conqueror) and mythology is a big hit.

This is getting too profound. Time to throw in something random. FEET!!! *evil laugh*
Actually, though, I have strange feet. =P They are like size 11 (I can wear my dad's shoes, haha), and have rather long toes. I can even open doors with them. Its quite handy when I'm carrying something and don't have an extra hand. I can also play "Ode to Joy" on the piano with my big toe. I can even hold a pencil with my toes. I'm still working on trying to write with my feet. It doesn't make a difference which foot I use, either. Oh, that reminds me, I'm almost ambidextrous. *another evil laugh* I can do nearly everything with my left hand that I can do with my right, except shoot a gun. When I write with my left hand, though, its extremely tiny, instead of being just regularly tiny. Its virtually microscopic. =P Let's move on, shall we. . .

Numero quattor, eh? I am having fun. =) Another random thing about me is that I love languages. (I can swear in three, be very jealous =P) I've taken high school Latin for 2 years, and I occasionally go around muttering random sentences from my book. (The people who wrote it had a macabre sense of humor. "Translate to Latin: There were many bodies on the hill and in the river" ? =P). In addition to that, I know some rudimentary Quenya (one of Tolkien's Elvish languages) When I (finally) finish Latin in a couple of weeks, I'm planning on starting to learn Esperanto! :DD Can't be still, I guess. Oh, oh, oh! I nearly forgot to mention that I'm working on a language for one of my stories, too. It has a crazy number of genders.
It also might interest you to know, that after studying a couple of languages, I think English is very stupid. =P

Only two Mordor left! =D One rather important thing that I haven't mentioned before is that I'm homeschooled (Sara is too). I take my school through a very annoying Catholic correspondence school in Virginia called Seton. I've only been doing Seton for 2 years, before that I was doing a hodge-podge of other curriculum, but I have been homeschooled all my life. We shan't dwell on such a disheartening subject any Mordor, however.

I could do something profound like Catholicity or animals, but nahhh, this needs Mordor randomness. How about NaNoWriMo? =D For those of you who don't know, November is the National Novel Writing Month. (http://www.nanowrimo.org/) The goal is to write a 50,000 word (NOT page like I wrote the first time O.O) novel in the month of November, which boils down to less than 2,000 words a day (not pages), which is roughly twice the length of this meme. Every year I hear about it, but this year, I'm finally going to try it. I'm going to cheat a little bit and use the story I'm already writing, but its only 5,000 words long as of right now, so hopefully they won't kill me. *looks innocent* That goal is a *cough* little ambitious for me, but I shall try!
So if you don't see me around quite as much, its either that or I've been killed (most likely by Sara) and my ghost is having a hard time typing.

And always remember, DSM,SM (Don't say more, say Mordor!) [Though I doubt I will in my story, hehe]

I hereby tag Delaney, if you haven't been tagged already, triplet. =)


Oh, and have a frightfully fun Halloween! *laughs evilly/insanely*

18 comments:

Katrina said...

It's pronounced "meem". Though I have no idea why...

Yay, I'm not the only one with big feet!!!! Mine are size 11 too! AND I can fit into my Dad's shoes too! Woah, that's kinda creepy, we have like, the same feet. We're feet twins! Lol!

Lanta said...

Lol, I thought it was pronounced meh-mey, for some weird reason. I am terribly disillusioned. Trina--NOOOOO!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN'T HAVE HER!!!!!!!!! SHE'S MIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!! MY OWN! MY PREEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOUUUUUUUSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranya said...

My sanity thanks you, Trina! =D

Yes, terribly. UMMMM...
She just said feet twin, not twin twin, lol. :|

Lanta said...

Bridget, did you notice that you misspelled "evily" at the end? You spelled it with two Ls =P

Victoria Rose said...

Hey! I wear size 11 too!!! Although, I don't have long toes. :P

Unknown said...

Its the extra evil spelling of it, twevil. =P

Yay for Seton students with big feet! *hugs Vicki*

Anonymous said...

I don't have big feet but I have long toes!

Lanta said...

*feels very left out, and throws 8 and a half shoes in the garbage*
I refuse to wear shoes until my feet grow to match everyone else's!
(J/k, in case you're worried :P)

Lanta said...

*gaspeth* A NEW POSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HI YAVIEL!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey, Lanta! Don't throw away your shoes! That's the size shoe I wear!!!!

~ Lady Rose (Signed into a different account. *rolls eyes*)

Lanta said...

YES! MY SHOE TWIN!!!!!!! *runs to Lady Rose* Auntie shoe twin! (I like shoe twin better than feet twin.... I don't know why... :p)

Ranya said...

Haha, you have small feet, thawa. =P

My brother has size 14's O.O

Lanta said...

And here I used to think my feet were BIG O.o Yeah, I have brothers who take size 12, lol...

None of my friends IRL have big feet :P In fact, they take the same or smaller shoes sizes as I do!

Anonymous said...

I am only in a size 7 and a half!

Rose Marchen said...

(FYI: Yaviel is my RL little pest, I mean sis!)

Hmm, as for the new blog colors... they aren't really you. Blue is just too calm! And you girls *grins* are not calm!

Lanta said...

But I love blue! it's my fav color!

Ranya said...

I liked the green better, too. =P

Lanta said...

Waaaaaaaah!